Watch out for riptides
They can kill
The days of the dead excitement in the Black Sea are coming. The phenomenon is formed by a sharp change in air and water temperature.
If you get into a dead wave, you should not fight the current, but try to swim parallel to the shore until you get out of the danger zone.
Do not pan out, but save your strength and cry for help.
How can we recognize this current so that we do not fall into it?
Pay attention to the following signs:
- Visible corridor of foamy water, perpendicular to the shore.
- In the coastal zone, areas with a different shade of water are visible; for example, the water around is light blue or greenish, and one area is white, for example.
- A section with foam, algae, bubbles, which moves steadily from the shore into the sea.
- In the continuous line of tidal waves tears with a width of 5-10 meters are noticed. Always remember:
- Dead excitement will not drag you to the bottom.
This is not a whirlpool. Often the dead excitement is short and high speed. Only the surface layer of water moves, which drags into the sea, but not to the bottom!
- The dead current is not wide.
Its width does not exceed 50 meters. And in most cases it is only 10-20 meters. And if you swim literally 20-30 meters parallel to the shore, you will notice that you have come out of the current.
- The length of the dead wave is also limited.
The current weakens quickly enough, the thrust weakens where the waves reach their peak and begin to break. This is where all the surfers gather, preparing to conquer the oncoming waves. This place is usually located no more than 100 meters from the shore. WHAT TO DO WHEN FALLING IN A ZONE OF DEAD WAVE